The Simple Factory Audit (SFA) should be performed before the buyer places an order with a new vendor and only takes one day. The Simple Factory Audit is done at your manufacturer’s premises.
The added value of a Simple Factory Audit
The Simple Factory audit is based on the ISO9000 norm. If it’s the first time you work with a factory, you want to work in a long term partnership or your products cannot be put in anyone’s hands, you might need this audit. Trust is important but in business you need to know exactly who you are dealing with: a vendor, a factory or even a middleman. It is not as exhaustive as the Extensive Factory Audit, but it will give you a good report with picture of your business partner.
Highlights of this factory audit service
- Avoiding scams and inexperienced vendors
- Compare potential vendors and select viable source
- Check the needed certificates and licenses for the specific factories
- Check the experience in manufacturing targeted products of the factory
What do we check during a Simple Factory Audit?
- A. FACTORY PROFILE: name, contact details, licenses check, legal status etc.
- B. EMPLOYEES and WORKFORCE: management, QC, workers etc.
- C. FACILITY CHECK: office, equipment, production lines etc.
- D. CLIENTS and EXPERIENCE: trade history, samples check etc.
- E. QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: licenses, certificates etc.
- F. Also includes: production line status, vendor organization, production capability and capacity, a quick check on the existing quality system.