Compliance with LFGB Certification standards for safer food contact products
In September 2005, the new German food and food supplies to brought by LFGB food and daily necessities LMBG method. It is also known as the food, tobacco products, cosmetics and other daily necessities Act was German food health management of the most important basic legal documents, and other special food sanitation laws, regulations, guidelines and core. However, in recent years there has also been modified, and European standards to match. Regulations on German food in all its aspects did a total and fundamental provisions, all in the German market, food and all food-related products must conform to the basic provisions above it. The products are tested in conformity with the German food and daily necessities Act article 30 and article 31, you can get accredited by LFGB testing report proved to be “not containing products of the chemical or toxic substances”;and sale in the German market.
A. LFGB certificate and fork flag meaning
Knife and fork logo is a food safety signs. In contact with food on a daily, if you have a knife and fork logo, it means the product has been tested with many German and European standards, compliance with regulatory requirements. Germany LFGB certificate does not contain harmful to the body of toxic substances that can, in Germany and other European and American market. On the European market, and fork logo products can enhance customer confidence and the desire to buy is a powerful marketing tool that greatly increased product competitiveness in the market.
B, LFGB certificate covers a range of products
LFGB testing for all materials, including with
- The latest technology products, such as: barbecue rack for chrome plating, Teflon coated cooking pan resistance test, silicone seals in a kettle.
- Typically involved in areas including: ceramic, composite, plastic, PVC, plasticizer, paper products, leather, textiles, cosmetics, tobacco, etc.
- The products include: bun sandwich heaters, electric kettle, electrical contact with food products; food products; tempered glass cutting board, stainless steel pot, kitchen utensils, dishes, knives, spoons, created a kind of tableware; clothing, bedding, towels, hairpieces, false eyelashes, hats, diapers and other sanitary items, sleeping bags, shoes, gloves, straps, handbags, purses/wallets, briefcases, Chair coated materials; textile or leather toys hash containing textile or leather garments of toys; direct use of yarns and fabrics;
- All kinds of cosmetic products and tobacco products.
C, the LFGB authentication includes test item
Under normal circumstances, LFGB Germany “Food and Commodity Act” 30th and 31 include the following test items:
- The initial testing of samples and materials
- Odor and taste transfer of sensory evaluation
- Plastic sample: You can transfer component testing and the testing of heavy metals can be precipitated
- Metal: composition and precipitation of heavy metals can be tested
- Silicone resin: can be transferred or volatile organic compounds test
- Special Materials: According to German law test chemical hazards of chemicals
D, laws and regulations, including the other test items include:
- Textiles, leather, polyester fiber and other commodities on use of azo dyes detection.
- Harmful chemical ingredients in cosmetics and heavy metals testing
- Harmful ingredients in tobacco test
E, LFGB certification process
- Advisory — Sample and product information provided by the applicant
- Quotation — According to samples provided by the applicant, product engineers to assess, identify test items, and apply for the quotation
- Applicant to accept quotation
- Contract signed
- Sample tests – tests will be conducted in accordance with the applicable standards
- Issue test report
- Issue a certificate of LFGB compliance
F, Important modifications in the new regulation:
- In German law, the implementation of the EU Directive No.178/2002 (food safety requirements, food and catering operator responsibility)
- Tobacco outside the scope of the new LFGB will be issued temporary regulations
- With food material, misleading statements prohibitation expanded
- With food contacting material and products, safety testing undergone no significant changes