When you talk to any third party inspection company to get quotes of services, they will tell you that most of their quality control services are billed based on “Man-days”, that roughly amounts of working time that one certified quality inspector can do in one day, no matter in the quality inspection or factory audit services.
Most of these jobs will be done in one Man-Day, after you send detail information including product specifications, supplier information, inspection checklist, etc., third party inspection company will finally confirm the actual amount of man-days needed.
Please note that each check we calculate the working hours based on the following information and then switch to the working day required for service:
- – Time spent at the inspection site.
- – Travel to and from the factory takes only half of the time. (Usually, we calculate the travel time in the morning)
- – The working hours of each inspector are calculated separately.
- –According to the location of our QC inspectors, we usually send the QC inspectors closest to the factory first to save more travel time for services
So the time for each inspector or auditor will be counted like below, and then the customer will know the number of man-days
- 1 Man-day: Can be up to 11 hours but inspector left no later than 6 PM
- 1.5 Man-days: 11-16 hours
- 2 Man-days: 16 or more hours
Please note overtime cost will be charged if inspection delays after than 6 PM.
Man-days Calculation Examples
Inspector travels 2 hours to the factory and spends 6 Hours for inspection at factory, and left the factory before 6 PM, that means a total of 8 hours spends for this inspection, so the total is one man-day
Third-party inspection company send two inspectors, and each inspector spend 7 hours for inspection, and left factory before 6 PM, that means a total of 14 hours are counted, and the total man-day count is two man-days
Here we provided a basic recommended amount of Man-days for each service in order to keep our services at a high level of transparency.
How many Man-days required in a Pre-shipment Inspection
Most of the pre-inspections will only require one man-day but depends on different AQL sampling method or sample size. Some PSI inspections will require two man-days.
Example: Tablets Inspection
- Sample size 80pcs requires 1 man-day
- Sample size 200pcs requires 2 man-days
Example: T-shirts in Garment Inspection
- one style, 3 colour sets, 5 sizes in each colour set and sample size total 125pcs, one man-day will be required in the inspection
- 3 styles, 9 colour sets, 5 sizes in each colour set, and sample size total 200pcs, two man-days will be required in the inspection
Related: What kind of product you’re importing from China or Asia? Check Our Expertise, let us know the man-day calculation you would like to know
How many Man-days required in Container Loading Inspection
Most of the Container Loading Inspection / Supervision will only require one man-day, but it also depends on different requirements in supervision
- How many items will be loaded into the container?
- If the inspector should verify every item by opening item of boxes
- How many pieces of each item should be checked before loading?
- Any special requirements that the inspector has to verify before loading?
- If the 2 containers will load at the same time of the day?
- How many containers loads on that day?
How many Man-days required in Supplier Audit
As similar as inspection services, most of the supplier audits are only required one man-day, the number of man-days required in Extensive Factory Audit depends on the size of the factory and number of employees
Anyway, most of Simple Factory Audit Service will only need one Man-day.
From the above explanation, You will find that the number of man-days required in quality control services could be different because of:
- Different types of inspection service,
- Different inspection requirements,
- Different sampling quantities,
- Different types of products,
- The factory is located may in a remote industrial area
So we always ask the client to provide us below information to double confirm the man-days needed, let us know if you have any questions
- Product name
- Product specifications
- Type of Inspection (check out 5 types of inspection)
- The factory address where inspection inspection will take place
December 14, 2019
May 17, 2019