What is Container Loading Supervision/Inspection?
Container Loading Supervision Service also calls Container Loading Inspection (CLI/CLS) to ensure your finished goods are handled correctly as safe transportation when loaded into containers and ship to the final destination, so the service is kind of cargo inspection before it loads into the container.
The Container Loading Supervision usually takes place at the factory’s warehouse or the forwarder’s warehouse and conduct after a Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI Inspection)
During the loading supervision, our inspector not only supervises the entire loading process, ensures the loading of the correct products and correct quantity but also inspect the correct packaging and the quality of goods. It’s the final opportunity to confirm compliance with your requirements in terms of quantity, assortment, and packaging. That’s why lots of logistics companies work with us for a long-term relationship.
Container Loading Supervision Checklist
As we explained above, this loading supervision process includes a condition evaluation of the shipping container, verify the production information, packaging and packing, quantities loaded, and overall supervision of the loading process. the detailed inspection checklist as below:
- Verify the correct quantity of products been finished ready for loading
- Verify the correct goods been packaged, make sure no packaging (inside and out) for physical damage and peculiar smells, no interior moisture, perforations, mold, or rot.
- Performing a random quality “spot-check” to the goods, Verify the goods meet all the client’s specifications.
- Verify the container is in good shape, make sure it is dry and in good working condition, free from stains, bad odors, large dents, or holes, suitable for loading the said cargo
- A record of loading conditions (weather, container number, truck number, etc…)
- Supervising the whole loading process, monitor the container stuffing to ensure the products been properly handled, minimize breakage and maximize space utilization
- Recording the seal number of containers
- Seal the container with the customs seal and AQI seal.
- Record the seal numbers and departure time of the container.
Remark: The quality spot-check just random check samples from few cartons. It’s not based on AQL Sampling Standard. The spot-check will only verify product specifications and packing methods. The acceptance quality level of shipment is evaluated by a Pre-shipment Inspection instead of Container Loading Inspection.
Container Loading Supervision Report
The loading inspection report will provide including the quantity of the goods, condition of packaging and container, and the process of the container stuffing procedure based on the above inspection checklist.
All the steps of loading supervision will be documented with photos
Click here to download Inspection Sample Report
Why Do You Need Container Loading Supervision (CLS) Service
The containers has different standard sizes while container loading is a shipment that fills into a container by bulk or with the maximum volume or weight, When the goods arrive at the destination port, some cartons were found missing, or deformed products found in cartons, wet cartons in containers, you will lose time and cost to discuss where this problem comes from and why it can’t be avoided before shipping.
Sometimes the hard use and handling of containers will result in problems that impact the quality of transportation, because of broken holes or weatherproofing failure, you will see ingress of water from leaks, and then resultant mold or rotting wood happen.
Additionally, if your goods shipped by LCL (Less than Container Load), then goods will be mix stacked in the container, absolutely you can ask your logistics agent to ensure your small boxes stack at top level in the container, but a container loading inspection can monitoring the loading process, help you 100% avoid these issues, save your time and money.
Benefits of Container Loading Inspection (CLI/CLS)
- Right goods are loaded into containers, no replacement of products possible.
- The quantity of the boxes is exact.
- Guarantee you receive the total order quantity at the destination
- Ensure the products are transported in appropriate conditions(limitation of broken goods due to loading).
- Reduce the risk of wrong quantity, wrong products, or damaged merchandise shipped
- Improve your sourcing efficiency
- Save your money, save your time!