Quality Control before Shipping
Quality control services entails activities and techniques carried out for product inspection to check the quality of the products before they’re shipped out. Companies that do business in wholesale and retail have systems set in place for logistics management. This department inspects to ensure quality control on products in their warehouse before shipping them to their overseas customers.
The quality of the products is being assessed based on a series of preset standards and requirements. Products that don’t meet the minimum standards are disposed of. The importance of quality control services is to prevent customer dissatisfaction, goods being returned, damaged goods and losses to the business. Quality control services is done in many stages of production within the company. The last stage, which is conducted just before shipping, is called Pre-shipment Inspection or Container Loading Supervision
What to Check before Shipping?
There are specific aspects that are checked or inspected when doing quality control service. They include:
- – Product Safety: The health standards and safety of the product to the consumers.
- – Quantity: The quantity ordered by the customer should be the same as that is being shipped.
- – Product Specifications: The technical specifications and details of the product must be observed; the color, shape and size, and other technical specifications of the product.
- – Packaging: The items being shipped should be properly and securely packed to reduce the risk of damage during shipment.
- – Custom Requirements: The product should also comply with any specific requirements set by the company or government regulations.
Quality Control Procedures
Buyers have internally set standards and procedures of doing quality control with guidelines that inspectors or control officers follow. Others hire external inspectors who may have their own procedures.(Related: Third Party Product Inspection Standard)
These procedures vary depending on many factors. Some items may require actual testing and others ocular checking depending on the type of the item. Most systems or manuals have the company’s quality policy and the following procedures:
- 1. Checking the whole shipment or a sample: This depends on the quantity of the products being shipped. Random samples are picked when the shipment is of a large quantity.
- 2. Checking randomly or piece by piece: A one-by-one inspection can be carried out, or items just picked randomly for checking. (Related: Pre-Shipment Inspection)
- 3. Counting and labeling the products manually.
- 4. Records reconciliations with product quantities and quantitative.
- 5. Manual testing of products if required.
- 6. Checking specifications like weight and comparing with labelled details.
Quality Control Tools
Quality control is done with documentation unless when there is manual testing, which also will require records to be kept for reference. The common quality control tools are:
- Quality Control Questionnaires: They are flexible, simple and easy to use.
- Inspection Checklist: The items are checked and compared with the standards or findings on a worksheet. Also, can be requirement standard questions that are answered by checking YES/NO.
- Quality Control Worksheet: This contains specifications that products should meet.
Quality control service is done to ensure businesses or companies are not brought down by problems involving the products’ quality. Lack of appropriate measures to control the quality of products may seem less of a thing until products being returned on losses are projected.
Is Real Time Inspection a Good Solution? Real time inspection using Wechat or Whatsapp maybe a favourite to some buyers but is an idea that is bad 99% of the time. It sounds like a good idea but may lead to problems practically. As explained in an earlier article, first is product specifications, sample reviewsMarch 16, 2017
TOMY Chipmunk Toys Recall Name of product: Lamaze Munching Max chipmunk stuffed toys Hazard: Parts inside the toy can break creating a sharp point that can penetrate the surface of the toy, posing a laceration hazard. Remedy: Replace Recall date: July 13, 2017 Recall number: 17-188 Description: This recall involves Lamaze Munching Max chipmunk stuffedJuly 18, 2017
Cosmetics and skincare products that apply to people are quite sensitive products as it applies onto peoples, and lots of these cosmetic products importing from China, you will see different kinds of cosmetic products in market marked Made-in-China. Different kinds of Cosmetic Products from China 1) Atomizer; 2) Liquid Foundation; 3) Compact Powders; 4) Cosmetic Sets; 5) Eyeliners;January 29, 2017