- January 10, 2017
- Posted by: AQI Service
- Category: Inspection standards
Where Are Your Sanitary Ware Manufactured?
You may have some problems when importing Sanitary Wares from China or Asia, here are common problems encountered:
- Poor product quality
- Incorrect items or wrong product details
- Delays in delivery
- Suppliers went missing
Yes, You may have heard of more horror stories about businesses sourcing their products from Asia. But that’s the challenge of import goods from somewhere in the world.
So when they first talk to a new supplier, find out if they are knowledgeable about product quality and safety standards. Know which standards apply to specific sanitary wares (bathtubs, faucets, etc.) or specific countries (like the US or Canada) or markets (like the European Union). Ask about their quality control documents or ask them to prove previous compliance or show compliance certificates.
To avoid supplier problems, you need to third-party quality control inspection company to help you make the import process easier and secure the supply chain.
Before understanding the sanitary ware product inspection service, we knew lots of sanitary ware manufactured in the Foshan/Chaozhou/KaiPing/Wenzhou/Dongguan area in China, then what is sanitary ware products included?
Types of Sanitary Ware Made in China & Asia
Sanitary ware items are made up of ceramic ware and other materials used in Toilet/Basin/SPA/WC/Sink/Bathroom/Urinal. Some of the sanitary ware products are
- Wash basins.
- Accessories like: Soap holder/trays. Ashtrays. Towel Rod. Toilet paper holder. And some other products are made of ceramics.
Inspection Checklist for Sanitary Ware
A. Factors in Quality Inspection
During the product inspection service, some comment factors will be checked:
- Product description/style/color
- Data measurements
B. Common Defects
During the product inspection service, some comment defects for sanitary ware quality control:
- Dirt mark
- Repair mark
- Ceramic residue
- Uneven surface
- Poor coating
C. On-site Testings
During the product inspection service, some Function Tests will be performed on-site:
- Water Leaking Test: Close the Valve and no water leakage.
- Ball(Flush) test
- Water consumption test: Connect the pipes, open and close the valve. Make sure the flow rates are correct as per spec sheets.
- Surface wash test
- Tightness/Vacuum test: Close the Valve, test gauge pressure between 20psi (140KPa) and 125psi (860KPa) applied to the inlet for 5 minutes. No leakage
- Assemble test: based on parts list on the instruction sheet.
Related: More Inspection Checklists
Author: AQI Service as a professional quality control service company in China specialized in providing a complete range of quality inspection and testing certification services in China & Asia for global importers, buyers, retailers, and sellers.
January 16, 2017
February 9, 2017
February 10, 2017