AQI Plush Toys Inspection Service
Since designed and well-crafted plush toy gives a very pleasing feeling to people. But the safety of toys has been in the spotlight ever, the possible toxic chemicals and dangerous parts in plush toys can endanger children at home. so in recent years, the list of banned and restricted substances keeps growing to light the health impact of various substances used in the production of toys.
( Recall example here for Douglas Recalls Plush Toys Due to Choking Hazard)
AQI Service offers Quality Inspection Services and Lab Testing Services for the plush toys, we will verify your plush toys for compliance with relevant standards applicable to your product’s destination.
Plush Toys Quality Control Approach
AQI Service technical team work closely with your team to create a specific inspection checklist for your products, and our inspector will verify the quality of mass production based on your Acceptable Quality Limites (AQL), perform product function and safety tests, and assess compliance with your product’s specifications and authorized samples.
Some tests should be tested in the lab to ensure compliance with safety standards and regulatory requirements, inspectors will select the lot samples and forward to an accredited laboratory for testing.
Your products’ workmanship is carefully examined, and defects are classified into subcategories to highlight the key improvement areas for production.
We are your eyes in manufacturing and quality control.
How to Create Inspection Checklist for Plush Toys
Here are the typical quality defects usually happed on these products
- Packing and Packaging Check: Check the packing and packages conform to the client’s requirements or not?
- Materials and Appearance: Compare with a golden sample including material/color of the fabric, accessories, hangtag/labels, packing, logo/markings, stuffing, etc.
- Compulsory Marking check: Ensure the markings are on the toy or on the unit packing/packaging, the markings include a) CE marking, b) Importer information, c) Safety statement, d) Information is in the country of import official language. e) Age grading. f) Country of origin. g) Suffocation risk warning on the polybag
- Workmanship: How is the workmanship? good for sale in-store or online?
- Pull Test: For seam: Slowly apply 70 N of force within 5 seconds. Continue this force for 10 seconds – any broken seams must be able to withstand finger-insert detection of 10 N of force. When test any small, rigid parts such as eyes, nose, pom-pom, label, etc (if designed for children under 3 years old). If the part is >6 mm thick, use 90N of force. If the part is <= 6 mm thick, use 50 N of force.
- On-site Test: Verify the function, accessories, seam strength, metal detection check, etc. please see below typical testings
Typical Quality Defects
|1||Eyes are even slightly out of alignment.||Major|
|2||Face of the plush toy is deformed.||Major|
|3||Dimension of the item does not conform to the client’s specifications.||Major|
|4||Untrimmed thread on the surface of the item.||Minor|
|5||Sharp edges or sharp points on the surface of the item.||Critical|
|6||Small parts included with the item (not acceptable in items for children under 3 years).||Critical|
|7||Open seam larger than 5mm that can be accessed by a child.||Critical|
|8||Warning label is missing.||Critical|
Typical Functional Tests and Testing in Laboratory
|Pull test||Screw check|
|Stuffing cleanness check||Metal detection check|
|Barcode scanning test.||Compulsory marking check|
|If the item is battery operated, check the battery polarity and the battery fitness. Record the brand of battery used (i.e., brand: Duracell ).||Carton drop test per ISTA-1A|
|Functions check according to the instruction manual.||Color shading among all samples|
|Check the number of stitches per inch||Fatigue test|
|Check the seam distance to fabric edge (seam allowance check)||Adhesive and rub test|
Main tests could be performed during an inspection at the factory, and the choice of tests to be carried out varies according to the design and intended use.
Our inspector can help the client to draw samples to our partner accredited laboratory for testing, we can also forward the shipping samples while During-Production Inspection or Pre-shipment Inspection.
Normally the testing will take around 3-7 days to get the test report, we recommend a selection of test applicable to safety risks and compliance, any questions please contact AQI Service.
See quality inspection services for other products and industries
The Importance of Quality Construction Materials in Building Projects Construction materials play a critical role in building projects, whether it be for residential, commercial, industrial, or landscaping purposes. High-quality construction materials are essential to ensure the structural integrity, safety, and longevity of the building, that’s why construction materials inspection is important. Poor quality or faultyread more