- March 26, 2021
- Posted by: AQI Service
- Categories: Inspection standards, Quality Control
Camping is a leisure activity very popular among outdoor sports lovers. However, what many campers do not know is that they are under the protection of international standards, which are formulated to minimize the predictable risks exposed to them during camping.
A tent is a kind of camping equipment essential to camping enthusiasts. Its quality of the tent determines whether it can shelter from the wind and rain, keep warm and resist the cold than when camping in the wild. The fact is that the quality of a tent with the guarantee of international standards is aimed to minimize the predictable risks when camping.
So the quality control inspection to the manufactured tents from China is a significant task on inspectors’ shoulders, AQI Service with great concern on the latest and most correlative international standards in the camping industry continuously upgrades the inspection and quality control agreement of camping products.
Next, we will introduce some key points of tent inspection and also elaborate on some tent-related information.
Classification of Tents from China
When you import tents from China, you will find that tents are divided into many types according to different characteristics.
By material: canvas tent, oxford tent, mesh tent, polyester tent, polyethylene (PE) tent, nylon tent, PVC tent, PU coating tent, no-see-um-mesh tent;
By structure: fly tent, tent line, fiberglass pole tent, aluminum pole tent, air vents tent, vestibule tent;
By usage: camping tent, outdoor tent, beach tent, hunting tent, fishing tent, relief tent, refugee tent, military tent, army tent, emergency tent, family tent, mountain tent;
Others: pet tent, kids tent, bell tent, yurt tent, double resident tent, etc.,
Key Points of Tent Quality Control Inspection
1. Quantity counting & Drawing Cartons
- 1) For a large number of cartons, please make sure to check each location of the cartons when counting to prevent the factory from make up the number with empty cartons, other styles of goods, and defective goods.
- 2) When sampling outer cartons according to the AQL standard, be sure to draw cartons at random, and the cartons must be drawn at each location, such as the top, middle and bottom, four corners. This can prevent the factory from tampering and can also make the sampling representative and lower the risk caused by uneven sampling.
- 3) Draw cartons by yourself to prevent the factory from playing tricks.
- 4) Always supervise the factory’s actions when carrying cartons to avoid factory stealthily substituting.
2. Outer carton inspection
- 1) Check whether the specifications of the outer carton can reach customer requirements.
- 2) Check whether the carton sealed with transparent tape or paper tape according to customer requirements, whether need to be reinforced with a Nylon band outside;
- 3) Check whether the thickness and corrugation of the carton meet the customer requirements and whether the quality can meet the customer requirements.
- 4) Check whether the outer carton is fixed by a staple.
3. Shipping mark inspection
- 1) Check whether shipping printing & Shipping label check accord with the customer’s requirements or actual conditions, such as whether the style No., order number PO no., etc. are correct, and whether the carton printing is in accord with the actual size, weight, etc.
- 2) Check whether the Barcode is readable and whether read-out information conforms to the customer requirements, whether the code system is correct.
4. Inner box inspection
- 1) Check whether the specifications of the inner box meet the requirements and whether it fits the product packaging.
- 2) Check whether the inner box quality can good enough for protection and whether the tape used for sealing the box can meet customer requirements
5. Marking inspection
- 1) Check whether the printing is correct and whether the color accords with the color card or reference sample.
- 2) Check whether the label conforms to the customer requirements and whether the information is correct.
- 3) Check whether the barcode is readable, whether the reading information is correct, and whether the code system is correct.
- 4) Check whether the barcode is damaged or blurred.
6. Individual packing/Inner packing
- 1) Carefully check the method of product packaging and whether the packaging materials meet customer requirements.
- 2) Check whether the inner packing quantity is correct, whether it conforms to the marking on the outer packing, and whether it can reach customer requirements.
- 3) Check whether the barcode is readable, whether the reading information and code system are correct
- 4) Check whether the printing and label on the Polybag bag are correct and whether they meet customer requirements.
- 5) Check whether the label on the product is correct and whether it is damaged.
- 1) Check the actual packaging according to the type and quantity of parts listed in the product manual.
- 2) Check whether the parts are complete, whether the style and type are correct, and whether the quantity conforms to the manual.
8. Assembly inspection
- 1) The inspector should inspect the product is assembled in person and ask the factory for help if feeling it difficult, but the process must be controlled.
- 2) Check whether the connection is appropriate and smooth between main components, between the main component and the parts, and between parts, and whether parts would be bent, deformed, cracked during the connection.
- 3) After the product is well assembled, check whether the components are connected tightly, whether the whole product is firm, and whether it will shake.
- 4) The product should be assembled according to standard S-2 or the customer’s special requirements.
9. Style, Material & color check
- 1) Check whether the style, material, and color of the product conform to the reference sample or the customer’s Specification.
- 2) Check whether the basic structure of the product accords with the reference sample.
- 3) Check whether the diameter, thickness, material, and outer coating of the pipe accord with the reference sample.
- 4) Check whether the structure, feel and color of the fabric conform to the reference sample
- 5) Check whether the stitching process of the textile fabric, whether the accessory stitching process is consistent with the reference sample or specification.
- 6) Compare the stitching process, because sometimes it differs differently from the reference sample when shipping out, so it is necessary to verify whether the change is confirmed by the customer.
10. Measurement and weight inspection
- 1) Check the overall measurement of the product before and after packaging
- 2) Check the length, diameter, and thickness of the pipe
- Check necessary instruments, including steel tap, vernier caliper, or micrometer caliper
11. Workmanship check
- 1) First, check the appearance of the assembled tent to verify if any unevenness or deformation.
- 2) Check the fabric quality outside the tent, whether there are broken holes, rough yarns, double yarns, abrasion, irremovable marks, smudginess, etc.
- 3) Get close to the tent and check the quality of the stitching process, whether there are any broken threads, cracked opening, jumper threads, poor connection, folding, stitching trace, bending, and the sewing thread run-off stitches.
- 4) At the entry of the tent, check whether the zipper is smooth, whether the zipper puller will fall off, and whether it functions well.
- 5) Enter the tent and check whether the standpipe is cracked, deformed, bent, painted off, scratched, flawed, rusted, etc.
- 6) Then check the unassembled tent in the same way, first check the parts, and then check the main components, pipe quality, fabric quality, accessory quality, etc.
12. On-site Function test
- 1) Tent opening and closing test: conduct opening and closing test at least 10 times to check the bearing capacity of the bracket and the firmness of each junction point.
- 2) Opening and closing test of accessory parts: for parts with zippers, safety buckles, conduct the test 10 times.
- 3) Tension test of fasteners: to check the binding force and firmness of fasteners of the tent, Generally, a pulling force of 200N is required.
- 4) Flame-retardant test of tent fabric: if the condition allows, the flame-retardant test should be conducted. vertical combustion method is adopted for testing:
(1) Install the sample on the sample holder and hang it in the test cabinet. The distance between the lowest point of the sample and the top of the combustion source pipe should be 20mm.
(2) Adjust the height of the combustion source to 38mm (±3mm) (methane is used as the test gas)
(3) Start the instrument, move the combustion source below the sample, burn for 12 seconds, remove the combustion source, and record the after-flame time
(4) After completing all the combustion, take out the sample and measure the damaged length of the sample
Check here to learn more about Understanding Flame Retardants in Camping and Backpacking Tents
- Toys & Recreational Product Inspection in China
- Plush Toys Inspection and Testing
- Dangerous Toys – What you need to know
Author: AQI Service as a professional quality control service company in China specialized in providing a complete range of quality inspection and testing certification services in China & Asia for global importers, buyers, retailers, and sellers.
There are strict guidelines that must be met if you want to import toys from suppliers in China or any other Asian country. The CPSIA regulates these strict guidelines. 仍would like to share what both US and foreign importers must know to ensure CPSIA compliance when importing children’s toys from China and other countries inFebruary 23, 2021
Not all toys are safe! Play is an essential part of a child’s early development. It helps their brain to develop and for their language and communication skills to mature. Therefore, simple games like shaking a rattle or introducing age-appropriate toys from an early age are vital. Toys are an excellent way for your childFebruary 15, 2021
What Are the Advantages of Importing Products from China? Sourcing Products to Sell online can be Daunting. So if you are looking for an alternative to Alibaba, then read on. The Alibaba group is possibly the main B2B (business to business) marketplace in the world today, with a current market capitalization of over $500 billion.December 23, 2020
Physical and mechanical testing determine the physical, mechanical, and metallographic properties of materials, especially metals and alloys. By testing the materials, one can distinguish the material from other materials. Mechanical testing is an inevitable part of the design and manufacturing process. Because it unveils the mechanical properties of any item which helps the designer toDecember 14, 2020