Amazon FBA Inspection?
If you’re planning to sell on Amazon, it’s crucial to know that the quality of your products matters a lot. Amazon has put in place FBA rules to improve the quality of products that sellers get at all times. To ensure that you follow all the strict Amazon FBA rule, we strongly recommend that you use Amazon FBA inspection services.
As an Amazon seller, the success of your business relies on the quality of products that you sell. For instance, selling goods with poor packaging or damage can greatly harm your reputation since most of the buyers are likely to leave negative reviews.
According to statistics, nearly 15% of all FBA orders are returned by customers with the main reason being the presence of faulty or damaged goods. So, to keep your reputation and earn trust from your customers, you need to ensure that all your goods meet the seller’s guidelines. This involves proper packaging and ensuring that the goods arrive without any damage.
Amazon FBA inspection companies are 3rd party businesses which offer helpful services to sellers to ensure that the products are of good quality and they arrive safe and sound.
As an FBA Seller, Why You Need China Inspection or Asia Inspection?
If it’s your first time importing from China, then its no doubt that your first FBA experience can be scary. Imagine being in a foreign country and dealing with manufacturers you don’t know more about and are long-distance away. Well, it doesn’t have to be that difficult; you can still become a successful FBA seller without having to cover all those thousands of miles traveling to China.
Your main aim as an FBA seller is to get and sell high-quality products. Yes, without quality products, you stand no chance to succeed in this business. Damaged or poorly packed goods will result in a lot of returns leading to bad reviews and low sales in the end. As a result, your account may be suspended by Amazon and your business might collapse within a few months.
But how can you ensure that you meet the guidelines when buying goods from another country? Well, a reliable way is to board a plane to China so that you can be there to ensure everything is okay. But wait, is that feasible? No. the costs of transportation and accommodation might break your wallet, and you end up making less profit. A great option is to hire a product inspection company in China. This way, you cut the costs and have a peace of mind considering that the inspection is done by experts so nothing will be left out.
Besides, Amazon is more competitive today, unlike before. This means that a single bad review of your products can greatly damage your brand in many ways. To avoid such, you need to make use of the services from reputable companies such as AQI Inspection that will check all the products ensuring that they meet Amazon FBA requirements.
China Inspection Services
Although you can hire a product inspection company in your home country, it makes more sense to hire a company based in China. This way, any issues with the product be it major defects or minor damage on the goods can be rectified early before the products are shipped to Amazon.
Even if the products are manufactured by machines, mistakes are prone to happen since mistakes are not limited to manually manufactured goods. You can expect to find small defects on every order. Hiring an inspector will help to ensure that no manufacturing mistakes get to your customer. The inspection company ensures that only quality products are delivered for sell.
Cheap and Saves Time
The objective of most manufacturers is to cut costs. As a result, they may end up using low-quality materials that don’t meet the Amazon FBA standards. To avoid this, make sure that you give the manufacturer proper instructions on the materials, measurements, and packaging that should be used in the manufacture. Also, hand the same information to your product inspection company so that they know what to check or test for.
Unlike other countries like the US, refunds and warranties can be rare in China. So, discovering the mistake late means that you the mistake might not be resolved soon enough. So, how do you ensure that you don’t waste time and money?
Here are some of the things that you should do:
- Inform the supplier that the products will be inspected
- Don’t work with suppliers who don’t accept quality inspection
- Make sure you have a contract agreement and a purchase order all the time
- Avoid paying the full amount until the inspection is done.
Most suppliers are reluctant and slow in response once they have received full payment. Withholding partial payment will give you more leverage which pushes them to respond quickly and fix the issues.
What is Amazon FBA Inspection?
This is a type of inspection that is usually done as the last step of the supply chain after the products are packed and ready for shipment, Amazon has a comprehensive checklist of requirements that should be fulfilled before your products are accepted for sell on Amazon.
AQI Services provide you with a stress-free Amazon FBA inspection ensuring that your products are not rejected by Amazon due to low quality or violation of the Amazon FBA guidelines.
What do Amazon FBA Inspectors Do?
Some of the things that AQI Inspection tests and checks during the Amazon FBA audit include:
- Checking the quality of products against customer’s requirements
- Confirms the products meet the specifications contained in the requirements
- Performing field tests to confirm the quality of the products
- Checking the carton dimensions and weight to ensure that they meet the FBA requirements
- Confirm that the packaging is done according to the FBA shipment requirements.
Here are different type of inspection service for FBA shipments:
Pre-shipment inspection is concerned with detecting problems before goods are packed and ready for shipping, which makes the process easier and cheaper. Inspection companies usually offer 3 types of quality inspection:
Each of the product is reviewed.
About 10% of the products are reviewed.
AQL Random inspection:
Samples are picked using AQL sampling technique for reviewing.
While the full inspection will cost you more, it is the most reliable method. Think about this, a partial inspection is done, and out of the 100 products picked, 20 of them have defects. What does this mean? Chances are that there could be more products with defects as well.
When this happens, you can either accept the risk that 20 products out of the 100 pieces could be defective or top up the amount for a full inspection to be certain that the goods are of the right quality. Obviously, a sure bet is to conduct a full inspection. You can also review the entire quality control process, find out how the defects were made to tell if more products might be defective then make a decision.
Amazon FBA Inspection Report
What does the Amazon FBA audit report contain? The reports help in thoroughly checking the products to detect any defects against the comprehensive checklist that will be featured in the report. Each part of the report is usually backed by pictorial evidence that gives you a better understanding.
Main sections of the FBA inspection report include:
- Inspection remarks: gives a summary of the whole report
- Visual and Workmanship check section: checks the level of skills employed by the manufacturer in the production and bring to attention any matter of concern
- Quantity conformity section: reports on the quality of the products as compared to the customer requirements
- Product conformity section: shows the details of products and identifies any product quality issues that exist
- Amazon Label Requirements section: highlights any issues discovered with the labelling requirements in comparison with Amazon requirements
- Amazon Packaging Requirement: shows any shortcomings found in the packaging of the products in comparison with Amazon requirements.
- Field Test Section: contains the findings of the tests performed on the products.
- Measurement Section: reports measurement issues found in the products and whether they meet the customer’s specifications
- Carton Weight and Dimensions: highlights any issues discovered to do with cartons dimensions and weigh in comparison to Amazon FBA requirements
With these comprehensive reports that contain pictures, you will be able to solve any issues with the shipment on time, thus saving you money and time as well.
What Does Amazon FBA Inspection Process Involve?
Once the production of your goods is finished, all products were packed into cartons, AQI Service will send its experts specialising in Amazon FBA inspection to check your products and ensure they meet these requirements:
- The products have required quality as per the FBA guidelines
- They are well packed as required by the Amazon FBA packaging requirements
- Proper labelling and marking are done on the products, i.e. Carton labels, suffocation labels, FNSKU labels, etc.
- Check the workmanship of the products
- Right measurements, GSM, weights of the products as per the requirements of Amazon FBA guidelines.
Amazon FBA inspection is an essential and crucial step for every Amazon seller before the products are ready for shipment. It enables you to detect any manufacturing mistakes early enough and resolve them before the products arrive at your customer’s hands. This, in turn, saves you money and time. It also enables you to build your brand by earning trust from customers and getting good reviews.