What You Need To Know About Bridal Dresses Manufacturing In China and Quality Inspection
By LANDZA C. EARWOOD from www.officialroyalwedding2011.org
Whenever bridal or flower girl dresses are mentioned, most people think of established brands such as Alfred Angelo, Maggie Sottero, etc. but, other unknown brands produce affordable and good quality wedding dresses. So, who are these brands, and where are they found?
When dealing with goods manufactured in another country, you can quickly fail to observe strict monitoring of the quality of your products. As a result, you will eventually end up with product returns due to quality fade. Whether it’s a small issue that compromised quality or a severe problem, the supply chain will be significantly affected.
What Are the Risks of Not Using A Quality Inspection Company?
Here are some of the risks that you expose yourself to when you don’t hire a quality inspection agency:
Charge-backs – issues to do with the late shipment, labeling, product quality and more can result in charge-backs from other parties
Delays – delays don’t just lead to charge-backs from retailers, it may result in canceled orders from customers leading to reduced sales
Damaged Reputation – Not using a product inspection can result in delivering inferior quality products to the customer’s hence negative reviews, which in turn damage your reputations.
Quality issues, such as:
- Product recalls
- Customer dissatisfaction hence product returns
- Cost of unsaleable goods
- Re-work cost upon receipt
Overseas Trips – having to send the company staff to foreign countries to meet supplies costs time and money.
Why Should Wedding Dresses Be Inspected?
Unlike other products, bridal dresses are meant for special occasions. As a result, it can be quite disappointing for customers to discover any defects in the gowns, especially after choosing them. It is for this reason why you need the services of a quality inspection company, whether it is for a full inspection or AQL inspection.
China has many factories that make wedding dresses. Most of the big companies make prom dresses, evening dresses, bridal dresses, and other dresses for essential occasions exclusively for designer brands. Although many small companies hardly get orders due to their limited production ability, what’s surprising is that they still exist.
How is that possible? Well, some of the big factories receive many orders that they sometimes can’t handle; as a result, they outsource some of the tasks to these small manufacturers.
The big companies usually provide small manufacturers with the materials and the process of making the dresses.
The manufacturing process typically includes cutting the fabric, sewing, lacing, beading, and more hand works as required when making wedding dresses.
Although the big companies control the brand quality standards and accept only products that meet their quality, it’s possible to get one or two inferior quality products that go unnoticed, resulting from errors made by the small manufacturers.
With time, some of the small manufacturers grow and begin making wedding dresses competing with big companies.
Some of them even start producing products that match the latest fashion with unique styles. The entry of the small manufacturers into the market makes it more colorful and offers more choices to customers. What’s more is that the bride getting to shop dresses at a reduced price, especially from the small factories.
But, out of the many producers, some are not qualified. They make and export wedding dresses at affordable prices hence attracting more customers.
One of the best ways to ensure that your customers don’t end up with poor quality bridal dresses from such manufactures is hiring a third-party inspection company such as AQI Service.
Wedding Dresses Inspection Checklist
How to inspect flower girl dresses and bridal dresses:
What to Check the Finishing of the Inner Part of the Bodice
- Ensure the corset fits perfectly
- Corset sits firmly against the body with no rippling
- Seams of the corset are well stitched
- No extra fabric at CF of corset
- Boning is done correctly; cut at the same angle as the neckline, no gaps between underbust and vertical
- Boning ends without any excess bulk
What to Check Before Finishing Such as Zipping
- Ensure the top of zipping is done correctly
- Waist should fit perfectly
- Hip fits correctly
- Fit overbust is smooth and rounded
- The neckline isn’t stretched
- The neckline doesn’t gape
- Elastic at neckline with edge correctly sewn
- The corset is well attached to the inside with proper hand-stitching at the CB so that it’s not visible after the gown is fastened
- No puckering on the edge of the neckline
- Seas are neat and not messy or fraying
- Where corrections are done, the materials and seams should be high quality without any degrading
- Lining inside the body should fit without being bunching and too big from the inside
What to Check at The Finished Gown
- Top of zipping fits perfectly
- Course fit correct
- Hip fit correct
- Waist fit correct
- Fit overbust is smooth and rounded, no pointing due to excess depth at bust point
- The neckline doesn’t stretch
- The neckline doesn’t gape
- Then neckline rolls out at no point
- Buttons can close without the zip left exposed
- Corset not visible at CB neckline
- The inside corset isn’t pilling on boning or elastic
- The inside corset is not dirty
- Gown perfectly fits the body without catching or pulling in some areas
- The hem length is correct
- No dirt marks, pulls, holes or any flaws
- No construction errors
July 15, 2021
For many people, outdoor furniture is essential. Outdoor chairs and tables need to meet different quality standards than indoor chairs and tables. This is because outdoor furniture items must be able to withstand outdoor elements while maintaining their visual and structural integrity. By following internationally recognized standards when conducting outdoor furniture inspections, you can helpApril 17, 2021
Camping is a leisure activity very popular among outdoor sports lovers. However, what many campers do not know is that they are under the protection of international standards, which are formulated to minimize the predictable risks exposed to them during camping. A tent is a kind of camping equipment essential to camping enthusiasts. Its qualityMarch 26, 2021